Thursday, May 2, 2013

October post...

Okay so I am looking back as far as I can in my phone at pictures. I was looking for crafts that I have finished so I could post about them here, but I am the Queen of starting projects and not finishing them! So I will post about Birthday Parties! I love to go all out on the kids birthday parties. I would do it for a living if I could. This is all about Kaden's 2nd Birthday and I am already thinking about what I am going to do for the next one. Anyways, Kaden loved Toy Story, and at the time especially loved Woody. (He goes back and forth between Woody and Buzz). So we did a little cowboy party. 


I got the idea for the banner from Etsy. She was charging more than I wanted to pay for it so I decided to make my own. It is made out of cardboard. I printed the letters from my computer and traced them onto the cardboard. Cutting the letters out was the biggest pain, I used scissors and an x-acto knife. If you are thinking about doing one out of cardboard just be careful, it would be easy to cut yourself. After everything was cu,t I painted them, distressed the sides with sandpaper, and used a little bit of brown glaze on the edges to make it look more aged and cowboy like. I love the way it turned out!




I made his cakes myself and they were super easy. I usually make my own fondant but this time I used pre packaged fondant from Walmart for the rope and cow spots. The sprinkle cake was so easy, I just cut out #2 out of paper for my stencil and put sprinkles all over the top. 



For the table and island I used a roll of brown packing paper from the Dollar Store, then I placed bandannas from Hobby Lobby on top of the paper. I also used some raffia and some hay bundles to decorate the tops. The napkins I found at the $ store and used twine to tie the rolled silverware. I did a western BBQ for food. We had corn bread, rolls, honey butter, chips, corn, fruit, mac-n-cheese, baked beans and ribs. We drank fruit punch and root beer out of mason jars. I found the cow balloons at Hobby Lobby and took the package to Party City to have them blow the balloons up. 












It was such a fun day. Even though it is a lot of work and stressful, I love to plan parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment