Monday, May 20, 2013

No Bake Energy Bites

I don't know what it is about Sundays, but for some reason being home all day with family makes me want to bake some yummy treats!
 For so long I have just avoided making anything because I don't know how to make anything sweet and yummy without making anything fattening! 
Luckily my coach posted these delicious No Bake Energy Bites. 
When I first saw the list of ingredients I was a little intimidated because I have never used wheat germ, ground flax seed and chia seeds before, I didn't even know where to buy them! My coach told me that she goes to Winco in their bulk food section. I found everything I needed there plus some! It's my new favorite place. If you don't have a Winco by you then try a whole foods store, or I even saw some of the ingredients at Walmart. 
I also found some agave at Winco while I was there, so I used that instead of the honey. These were so easy and yummy! My whole family loved them! Perfect little treat or snack! Give them a try!







No Bake Energy Bites
There are so many variations of this type of no bake cookie. Just throw whatever nuts/seeds/dried fruit that you have and experiment. 

1 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix everything together really well in a large bowl and let chill in the fridge for half an hour. Once chilled roll into balls. I used a tablespoon to measure them then had to squeeze them pretty well to make it all stick together. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment