Thursday, August 1, 2013

Greek Pasta Salad



So at the Zupa's VIP event I won a cook book for posting a picture of my salad on Facebook and Instagram. I love this cookbook because it is done by seasons. So I picked the first recipe that started in the Summer section. This is so good and light, perfect for a hot Summer day. I did add chicken to the recipe to make it more filling for my family since this was all we were eating tonight. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper then placed them in a hot pan with a little olive oil. Once they were done cooking, I let them cool then diced the chicken. You could also grill the chicken. 
That's it, quick and easy!  Enjoy!



Greek Pasta Salad:

SALAD

1/2 lb (1/2 box) whole wheat bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
1-2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained (I used the whole can)
1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
1/2 can (1 cup) artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half lengthwise
1 cup roasted red peppers (optional)
5-6 cups fresh spinach

GREEK VINAIGRETTE

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot minced (Next time I make it, I will use about 1/4 cup of red onion for a stronger taste)
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
1 tsp. fresh oregano minced
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. agave nectar
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS

*Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients except for the olive oil.
*Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup olive oil a little at a time
*Mix together all of the salad ingredients
*Slowly add vinaigrette to salad, just until it is coated. Toss well and serve












No comments:

Post a Comment