Friday, October 21, 2011

A Blues Clues Birthday!

Like always... long time, no post! Here are a few pics from my Son's Blues Clues Birthday Bash!


Let me just say, this banner made me wish I had a Cricut!This was my 3rd time using fondant. I definitely need some more practice, but this looks much better than the very first fondant cake I ever tried!Mmmm... Oreo pops. Have you tried them? The recipe is at the bottom of the post. I got it from one of my free Holiday Costco Cookbooks.Cake pops. Click here to find out how to make these. Cake pops are one of my husbands favorite things I make.Found these from Pinterest. The recipe is also on the box of cones that you buy.Got to have milk with all the sweets! I made these labels using photoshop on my computer. Super simple and cute!I also made the bubble and silly string labels using photoshop. I made the Handy Dandy Notebook with photoshop and some card stock. I took them to Office Depot and it took them 5 minutes to bind them. I only paid about $12.00 to bind 8.Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper I made with felt. I just cut out the shapes and used a hot glue gun to glue them together. Once I finished them, I glued them to card stock to make them stiff and able to stand. For Mrs. Pepper I used a Sharpe Marker and made dots on gray felt.I found a mailbox at DI for 50 cents. I wish I had a before picture because it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen! It was a dark green Hershey's mailbox. I painted it purple. Used felt for his face, his little flag, and the grass. Glued 3 wooden dowels together and spray painted them blue. I cut a round styrofoam ball in half and painted it green. I used hot glue to glue everything together and walla! I love the way he turned out!



This was such a fun birthday party to plan! The kids loved it! Happy Birthday Kaden!



Oreo Truffles:



1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips



MIX cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
SHAPE into balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

1 comment: