Wednesday, May 11, 2011

$2.00 Shelf

I found this "piece of junk" (that's what my hubby called it!) at DI. It cost me $2.00 it was totally falling apart. Brian said "sometimes I can see your vision, but this time I can't". I knew exactly how I wanted it to look and exactly where it is going in my new house. First- I took it all apart. I unscrewed the metal side pieces and all the hooks. Second- I primed the wood pieces with Kilz Primer. After they dried I sprayed with Krylon Satin Bright White. Third-I sprayed the metal pieces and hooks with Rust-Oleum Hammered in grey. Fourth- After the wood pieces dried I distressed them. Fifth- I put it all back together and admired my finished product!

I used all the spray paint I already had from other projects so it only cost me $2.00+ the gas it took me to get there. Love how it turned out and I can't wait to hang it up in my new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment